Distribution of Programmed TE & TA Funds by Category
Combined TE/TA Funds by Fiscal Year
For help with this chart please see the TE Primer.
State DOT Program Staff
State DOT TA Coordinator
Department of Transportation
PO Box 1850
Jackson, MS 39215
FHWA Division TA Coordinator
TE Program Contact
666 North St
Jackson, MS 39202
TA Program Structure, Policies, and Procedures
- TA program structure: The program is run through a state-level TAP office. The projects go through a competitive selection process and funds are directly distributed from the state.
- Who is eligible to apply: Local governments, regional transportation authorities, transit agencies, natural resource or public land agencies, schools, tribal governments, and any other local or regional governmental entity with responsibility for oversight of transportation and recreational trails.
- Application information: The application form can be found online.
- Application timeline: N/A
- Application components: Description, maps/plans/photographs, evidence of eligibility, benefits of project, environmental review, budget and implementation schedule, legal and compliance certification, and proposed maintenance agreements.
- Selection criteria: If projects clearly improve non-driver access to public transportation, projects having the correct matching funds, projects that will be completed on time (have a viable construction plan), projects that benefit a relatively large percentage of a community, projects that enhance the States travel and tourism efforts, Projects that contribute to a wide geographical dispersion of TAP funds within the state, Consistency with transportation plans in Mississippi, projects being supported by local community, and projects serving at least one of the eligible activities.
- Application tips: Completely fill out application and gather community/public agency support.
- Is there an advisory committee?: N/A
- Advisory committee members: N/A
- Project award minimum: None.
- Project award maximum: None.
- Typical local match: 20%
- Matching policies: Approved TE projects are eligible to participate in MDOT's Special Match Credit Program. The program provides funding for preliminary engineering and design costs, right-of-way acquisition, and project construction costs.
- Once your project is funded: Attach a complete work schedule and maintenance plan to the application.
This profile and the charts are drawn from a database maintained by the Transportation Alternatives Data Exchange at the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy and are based on data provided by the States and FHWA. If there is an error or an update is needed for this profile please let us know about it. Direct questions and comments to TrADE @ RTC at 202-974-5135 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TrADE last updated this profile on: 03/26/2015