question Looking for NTEC/NTAC?
You're in the right place! Rails-to-Trails
is providing a new home for these resources.
Transportation Alternatives Data Exchange (TrADE)

TA Contacts

State TA Managers: To submit an application for TE funds or to learn more about the TE program in your state, contact the TE manager(s) at your state department of transportation (DOT).  These staff are responsible for the implementation of the TE program and the distribution of funds.

State FHWA TA Contacts: To discuss federal regulations and eligibility restrictions on the TE program, contact the TE staff at the local division office of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).  These staff are responsible for ensuring that state DOTs comply with federal regulations related to the TE program. 

FHWA Headquarters Contacts:  To ask questions about federal regulations and guidance related to the TE program, contact FHWA headquarters staff based in Washington, D.C., or visit their Web site.  These staff are responsible for developing regulations related to the TE program and overseeing the work of the FHWA division offices.

In addition to the contacts listed above, there are other state-employed staff who are often involved with the administration of the TE program.  NTEC does not maintain lists of these contacts but provides the following links to lists maintained by other organizations:  State Bike/Ped Coordinators, State Trail Administrators, State Historic Preservation Officers, and Scenic Byways Program Contacts.

NTAC Contact National Transportation Alternatives Clearinghouse
2121 Ward Court, NW - 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20037
Phone: 888-388-6832
Fax: 202-466-3742


Pedestrian and Bicycle Facilities Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Railway Conversion Scenic Turnouts and Overlooks Outdoor AdvertisingHistoric Preservation Vegetation Management Archaeological Planning and Research Environmental Mitigation Wildlife